Wrecked By Reality

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Return

It has been a while, no?

Lots of things have happened since my last post:

At Opryland, I got to work the Major League Baseball Winter Meetings and rub shoulders with the likes of Buster Olney, Peter Gammons, and Jerry Reinsdorf in the press room. Any audio that came from any of the press conferences was straight from me! Many former players and managers were there as well...it was baseball cards come to life! I also had the opportunity to be involved in the dance and cheer competitions in December. Nothing like watching girls blow out ankles and knees. They were even throwing up on the mat. Good times!

As of January 2008, my car is paid off! WHOOO! It is about freakin' time. I also decided to recommit to the tithe. I have been so out of whack financially during 2007, it was time to get back to the basics of giving. And I knew that this would happen, but God is blessing my giving, and even though I shouldn't be amazed, I am!

Last weekend, we had a men's conference with Johnny Hunt and Clay Crosse. Our church's house band backed Clay. Dan, our drummer, brought his almost 40 year old Ludwig set that is a pleasure to mic. The snare sounded like Paradise City.

I am going to be an uncle again very soon, and I will be tuxed out for Kent and Amy's wedding on the 29th. Their blog is a new link on the left. The bachelor party was this past weekend, and the waitress at Famous Dave's serenaded him with Anita Baker's "Sweet Love". I think everyone in our section of the restaurant enjoyed it.

And since I know that people will want to know, I ended the fantasy football year in 6th place. Fantasy hockey is currently in the playoffs. Last year, it came down to my team versus Kent's team for the championship and I prevailed. This season, I played Kent in the first round, and I won again. Sorry, dude!

For Christmas, Beth and Tim got me a year's subscription to NetFlix, and it is pretty cool. So far, I have seen Live Free or Die Hard (very good), Spiderman 3 (another worthy sequel, although the Peter Parker/MJ Watson dynamic drives me insane), Hustle Season 1 (They are the Pros of Con! Highly Recommended), and Layer Cake (not bad, so so, Tim loved it). Coming in a day or two, The Kingdom, with my chick, Jennifer Garner. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Well, time to get back to work. Maybe one of these days, I will have internet access at the house again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home