Wrecked By Reality

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Fantasy Football 2K7



After having a completely dismal and totally forgettable fantasy football year last year, I decided to do some things differently this year. Step one: don't obsess over the draft this year. I picked at 12 last year, and really over thought the whole thing in retrospect. This year, I prepared by listening to the fantasy podcast on ESPN, and doing some extremely light research. I didn't even pick up a fantasy magazine until the day before the draft. Step two: don't screw up the first overall pick in the draft. Picking LDT was a no brainer, but a little part of me really wanted to buck the trend and pick Stephen Jackson.

After that, I just decided to pick the best player available at the position that I wanted at the time, virtually ignoring the bye weeks, and I am just not sure about how I feel about the team that I picked. I am definitely weak at WR, and hopefully Cutler will just take care of the football. Pretty solid at the TE spot, and I picked two K's just so that any other owner couldn't use one or the other of them. The run on team DEF's and defensive players started early (round 5), but I always save those until the end simply because I end up playing defensive roulette and the early defensive picks leave more offensive players on the board for ME.

Since this happens to be the second annual fantasy football draft post, I will also post an update at the three week mark, and hopefully be better off than I was at the time last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home