Wrecked By Reality

Monday, April 02, 2007

Jedi Mind Trick



March 11, 2007 signaled the end of regular season fantasy hockey and my team, Uncle Crosscheck, finished first! Definitely a better outcome than my fantasy football team (ugh, don't even want to think about that). Then again, it always helps to have names like Crosby, Brodeur, Brind'Amour, Karyia, Shanahan, and Gaborik skating on your team producing a combined 140 goals and 239 assists. The autodraft was very good to me. "Thank you Autodraft, may I have another?"

I think my team peaked a bit early though. Through the middle third of the season, my team won seven out of nine games in that stretch that put enough distance between me and the other teams to keep my team comfortably in first place. The last six games of the season produced two ties and three losses, not the way i wanted to go into the playoffs, but the losses were only by one point, no blowouts.

I had a bye during the first round of the playoffs, and for the second round my team beat OddManRush 9-3. Right now, I am playing Agents Of The Ice to determine the champion. I thought that it was one week and done, but today I found out that it actually goes over two weeks! That is great because I am down 5-1 right now, and thought I had lost last night. I guess I should have read the rules before now.

Today has been a recharge day after working 50+ hours last week. The sun is out, but I haven't been outside. Ooh, and I just remembered that I have to get my tags renewed! First thing in the morning for sure.

I watched Hollywoodland today. It is about the death of George Reeves, the original television Superman. It was an interesting movie since I really didn't know anything about him or his life. And it is watchable.

And finally, notable birthdays for April 2 are: Buddy Ebsen, Emmylou Harris, and Sir Alec Guinness.

Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.
Obi-Wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.
Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Obi-Wan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home