Wrecked By Reality

Monday, April 23, 2007

Forgot One...

Yeah, I unintentionally skipped an entry for yesterday.

So, my fans get two entries today.

Sweet.

While stuffing my face with catfish and shrimp at Logan's last night after church, the Red Sox - Yankees game was on. The pinstripes were up 3-0, and then rookie Chase Wright got schooled when the Sox hit back to back to back to back home runs (that's four home runs for those of you in Farmington).

Welcome to the majors, kid.

Birthdays for April 22 are Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, Robert Oppenheimer, Eddie Albert, Charlotte Ray, Glen Campbell, Peter Frampton, Courtney Friel, and Jack Nicholson.

"If you get an impulse in a scene, no matter how wrong it seems, follow the impulse. It might be something and if it ain't - take two!"

"I'm very contra my constituency in terms of abortion because I'm positively against it. I don't have the right to any other view. My only emotion is gratitude, literally, for my life."

"I don't believe in God now. I can still work up an envy for someone who has a faith. I can see how that could be a deeply soothing experience." (1992)

The Joker: Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Batman: I'm going to kill you!
The Joker: You IDIOT! You made me. Remember, you dropped me into that vat of chemicals. That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think that I didn't try.

The Joker: [fuming] Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a *bat* gets all of my press? This town needs an enema!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You have fans! Get 'em to come to some softball games sometime.

I felt badly about the 4-Smack that Chase provided. Against Boston - that made things even worse. You know, though? It's hard to get worked up for even Yankees-RedSox after watching the beloved Preds get Sharked in the first round again.

The ennui I feel among the sports landscape is both tenuous and deep.

1:48 PM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home