Wrecked By Reality

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Halfway Home

Today marks the halfway point of the 30 days blog. I haven't missed a day yet, but I have come close once or twice. This exercise has also confirmed something else: my skills of daily observation and writing really need some work. I seem to find inspiration and creativity around other folks that I know. The problem is that I can't remember what the conversation was when I get around to writing about it. I'm not quite sure that I am or can ever be comfortable writing about what my day has been like and whether my knee is bothering me or that I am still suffering from the ravages of the common cold (why can't some smart someone fix the common cold by now? Science is totally letting the human race down). I do know why actually: MONEY!

Before and after church today, I have been listening to Julia Fordham. I have a number of her CD's that I have ripped to mp3, and it has been what the day has needed. She isn't really a mainstream artist and hasn't ever really been promoted in that way. I first heard one of her CD's in college, and she has this sultry alto vocal that is unlike any other. I am also two of her CD's behind...less fatalistic than Joni Mitchell and more personality than Norah Jones (sorry Jodi!).

In compliance with a conversation that I started at dinner tonight, ever wonder what happens to the 10 people a year who die mid-flight on a commercial airline? Well, if you're flying British Airways, you get the final upgrade. Corpses fly first class.

Guess who was born on April 15th? How about Leonardo Da Vinci, Corrie Ten Boom (she also died on April 15, age 91), Emma Thompson, Jason Seahorn, Emma Watson, and Dodi Fayed.

Do you know what Dodi Fayed's last words were?
"Can't you outrun a stinking moped?!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is difficult to get words written down on a regular basis and have them not sound trite, regurgitated, or just plain boring. That's why I use Word-Alert™ - the daily product designed for writers of all levels to help them "Get the word out!" Available at fine stores everywhere.

You have been close a couple of times though - that overtime Preds game being a prime example. Finding time to get the typing done is another story.

1:05 PM, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Jay and Jodi said...

Must you slam Norah on your blog?? Poor Norah. She's so misunderstood!

8:57 PM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home