Wrecked By Reality

Friday, April 06, 2007

Rattle and Hum

There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion here
I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Ploughmen dig my earth
None of them know along the line
What any of this is worth


No reason to get excited
The thief, he kindly spoke
There are many among us
Who think that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that
And that is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
Because the hour is getting late


Today was a day. A cold day. A partly sunny day.

Today I tried to fix a problem. Something that has been bugging me for a few weeks now. I feel as though I have been beaten like a red-headed step mule. I am exhausted mentally, only because I feel as though I have run out of options.

It is frustrating for me, as an audio guy, to have a problem with some gear that just won't cooperate. I have gone step by step through the troubleshooting process, and yet that process has not afforded the expected resolution. And while the thought of taking a whack with a big hammer has been considered, "percussive maintenance" isn't something that I really like to do.

So, I continue to ponder the problem in the hope that a solution will present itself.

Birthdays for April 6 are Billy Dee Williams, Marilu Henner, Michael Rooker, Sterling Sharpe, and John Ratzenberger.

Cliff: Well ya see, Norm, it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Woody: What's a Freudian Slip?
Cliff: That's when you say one thing when you're actually thinking about a mother.

Cliff: Did I ever tell you kids about the first Thanksgiving? It took place between the ancient Egyptains and aliens from a distant galaxy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home