Wrecked By Reality

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Partly Groggy

I don't know why I didn't get much sleep last night...it feels like I woke up every half hour. Sucks for me. Last night's softball game has only reminded me of how I am not in any kind of shape other than out.

My longtime friend, the Sandman, has finally found a woman.

Congrats on the engagement, my friend.

The saga of the noise in the church audio system has finally come to an end. The back of the equipment rack looked like Don King's hair. So after pulling all of that out, cleaning connectors, and rerouting cables, it actually looks good and you can actually see what is going on versus trying to sort through the gobbeldygook of cords. The piece of gear that was causing much of the problem has also been removed and most everything is as quiet as it can be. YAY!!!!

My parent's kitchen is getting remodeled after minor changes here and there over the last 30 years. All of the cabinets are in, and the countertops should be arriving soon. They were going to try to save the flooring and replace it at another time, but I don't know if they will be able to do that or not. Looking at it today, I would say probably not.

I am working 12 hour days for the next three, and will try to survive a Predators playoff game within that time as well. Should be fun.

Birthdays for April 10 include Max von Sydow, Omar Sharif, John Madden, Don Meredith, Ken Griffey Sr., Steven Seagal, Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds, Brian Setzer, Orlando Jones, Sean Avery, Mandy Moore, Haley Joel Osment, and Peter MacNicol.

John "The Biscuit" Cage: Love. We all want it. Don't all get it. I remember telling my mother in high school I wanted to wait for the perfect girl. And she replied, "Idiot! Even if you found her, she might be holding out for the perfect man." She also said I wouldn't recognize love unless it bonked me on the head. And I retorted, "Well, why don't you come along with me, mom, and if you see love, you hit me on the head so I'll know." It was difficult as a young man taking my mother on dates. And then, one night, not a date night, but just one evening, I turned to my mom and, as i looked into her eyes, I could see... she was dead. She'd passed on quietly from an aneurysm, right there at the table. All she said was, "Ip." Sitting in a chair: a quiet little "Ip". It was her request to have her last words put on her tombstone. And I see people at the cemetery snickering when they read: "Joanna Cage. Beloved Mother. Ip." I miss my mother. Even though she's not here... I know she's still with me, smiling down on me... hoping I'll find love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I didn't mention it before, but congrats on the FBCMJ Frozen Pond victory. It was well-earned, and your wonderful draft strategy has rewarded you handsomely.

I love how succinctly you put the engagement. Yeah - word economy when necessary can be found here!

Time now to listen to that CD you made. "It's floodin' down in Texas..."

8:45 AM, April 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home